As the part of your house that shields you and your family from the weather, the roof is among the most crucial components many homeowners take for granted. However, with time, debris like algae, fungus, and cyanobacteria can accumulate, making it unclean and unattractive.
It lessens the exterior curb appeal and may also harm your shingles while encouraging the spread of mold inside. Lightning Pressure Washing steps in to help you with that. To safely and efficiently clean your roof, our qualified professionals use a low-pressure cleaning technique called “soft washing.”
Read on to learn more about the debris that can build up on your roof and the advantages of roof cleaning with Lightning Pressure Washing.
Soft Washing Is the Preferred Option for Most Central Florida Roofing
Central Florida generally has a hot and humid climate, so most roofing in the area is asphalt shingles. And we at Lightning Pressure Washing recognize how crucial it is to maintain your delicate shingles safely, so we clean using a process known as “soft washing.”
Unlike pressure washing, which uses high-powered water jets to blast away dirt and debris, soft washing relies on a combination of low-pressure water and detergent. The process involves applying cleaning agents to your roof using a liquid pump between 60 and 100 psi.
This method removes mold, mildew, and grime safely and efficiently. The detergent used in soft washing is specifically designed for roof cleaning and works to break down dirt and grime without damaging your shingles.
On the other hand, high-pressure washing can harm shingles and is ineffective at getting to the bottom of the issue; therefore, we never use high pressure to clean roofs for this reason, and neither should you.
Benefits of Cleaning Your Home’s Roofing
From energy savings to safeguarding your property value, roof cleaning provides many advantages for your home. When you clean your roofing, you can look forward to a longer lifespan for your shingles and improved air quality inside your home.
Get the most out of your roofing and ensure it performs optimally with a professional pressure washing service! Here are some benefits of a well-maintained roof:
• Compliance with insurance regulations: Many insurance companies require that your roof is cleaned and adequately maintained regularly to keep your policy active. Please comply with their requirements to ensure they continue your coverage.
• Increase your roof’s lifespan: Removing debris and other waste can help prevent structural water damage and allow your roof to “breathe.” In addition, this prevention saves you money for repairs in the long run.
• Prevent mold growth: When debris and grime accumulate, it may foster the conditions for mold to flourish. Mold can harm your health, so keeping it from growing is essential.
• Improve curb appeal: After receiving a professional pressure washing service, your roofing will appear new, improving your home’s value. If you’re not planning on selling anytime soon, it will still enhance the look of your home and make it more inviting to guests.
Cyanobacteria, fungi, and algae are a few of the primary forms of debris that might gather on your roof. Unfortunately, these germs may swiftly spread throughout your roof if not maintained appropriately. And since they thrive in warm, humid conditions, Florida is more vulnerable to these issues.
These germs ruin your Florida home’s shingles and encourage the spread of mold inside your house.
• Cyanobacteria: Photosynthetic microorganisms that create a slimy film on your roof. Your shingles may seem black or green as a result.
• Fungi: These microorganisms also develop on your roof, leading to discoloration.
• Algae: Comparable to fungus, both may discolor your roof fast due to their very rapid rate of growth.
Hire a Professional for Your Roof-Cleaning Needs
When cleaning and maintaining your home’s roof, hire professional pressure washing services to pay. With the right expertise, we can use advanced soft-washing techniques that kill fungi and algae and increase the roof’s lifespan. Additionally, roof cleaning can make your home look more aesthetically pleasing, which boosts its overall value.
Investing in a quality roof-cleaning service is an excellent way to ensure your home looks its best and remains structurally sound for many years. Professional cleaners can spot potential issues before they worsen, ensuring your house is safe.
Roofing is one of the most critical components of your home, so make sure you take care of it. Enjoy the long-term rewards of having a safe and aesthetically pleasing roof – book an appointment with Lightning Pressure Washing today!
Posted in Auburndale, FL, Avon Park,FL, Bartow,FL, Bradley Junction, FL, Brandon, FL, Celebration, FL, Dade City, FL, Davenport, FL, Haines City, FL, Highland City, FL, Highlands County, FL, Hillsborough County, FL, Lake Wales, FL, Lakeland Highlands, FL, Lakeland, FL, Mulberry, FL, Osceola County, FL, Plant City, FL, Polk City, FL, Polk County, FL, Winter Haven, FL, Zephyrhills, FL | curb appeal, pressure washing, professional, residential, roof cleaning, roof washing, soft washing